Designed for people with experience in winter mountaineering and want to take one step further to deal with security and guarantees climbs in a more complex way. From glacier approach, to progression and assurance in snow, ice or mixed terrain, descent and nivology. With this course, you’ll have all knowledge and skills for those winter climbing routes you’ve always dreamed of!
Requirements: Ability to work proficiently in winter terrain simple. Good use of crampons and ice axe.
- Equipment and material.
- Anchors in snow, ice and rock.
- Know the different techniques roped progression.
- Introduction to mixed climbing.
- Introduction to ice climbing.
- Environmental hazards and ways to anticipate.
- Transceiver, shovel and probe.
- Backpack 35l
- Mountaineering boots (rigid or semi-rigid)
- Crampons with antiboots (automatic or semiautomatic adapted to boots)
- Technical ice axes
- 2 ice screws
- 2 HMS carabineers
- 3 locking carabineers
- Belay/Rappel device
- Double rope 60m
- Waterproof jacket & pants
- Fleece jacket.
- Thermal shirt and socks.
- Down / fibber Jacket
- 2 pairs of gloves
- Sunglasses and blizzard
- Cream for the face and lips
- Water and food
- Professional AEGM Mountain Guide (info)
- Bookings in shelters or shelters in the valley if needed
- RC and accident insurance in the mountains for days of activity
- Collective Course material (ropes, carabineers, screws, cams, first aid kit, radio, maps, etc....)
- Loan Arva, shovel and probe
- Transportation to the course location and during the same
- Material and personal equipment
- Everything that is not detailed in the previous point.