The icefall is a precious nature phenomenon in our country, and we are lucky to have very close by one of the best ice climbing crags in the Cantabrian Mountains. In this course you will learn the main techniques of progression and self-protection as well as security issues specific to this type of climbing.
Requirements: work proficiently in winter terrain simple, good use of crampons / ice axe and some experience in rock climbing.
- Grading System in ice climbing
- Meet the ice. As form, structure, attributes and qualities
- fall factor, impact force, dynamic belaying.
- Gestures of ice climbing.
- Different exercises progression.
- Security, ice anchors and facilities.
- Installation of meetings and basic principles of equalization
- Progression of a cascade of several long roped.
- Rappel insured.
- Backpack 35l
- Mountaineering boots
- Crampons with antiboots (automatic or semiautomatic adapted to boots)
- 2 axes. Technical if possible
- 2 HMS carabineers
- 2 locking carabineers
- 2 120cm anchor runners
- several slings
- Double rope 60m
- Belay/rappel device
- Waterproof trousers & jacket
- Fleece jacket.
- thermal shirt and socks.
- Down / fibber Jacket
- 2 pairs of gloves
- Cap and Buff
- Sunglasses and blizzard
- Cream for the face and lips
- Water and food
- Thermos of tea, coffee or chocolate milk
- Professional AEGM Mountain Guide (info)
- Logistics reserves in shelters or shelters in the valley if needed
- RC and accident insurance in the mountains for days of activity
- Collective Course material (ropes, carabineers, ice screws, friends, first aid kit, radio, maps, etc....)
- Transportation to the course location and during the same
- Material and personal equipment
- Everything that is not detailed in the previous point.