Enjoy one of the most fun and impressive mountain modalities with a certified AEGM mountain guide in Picos de Europa. Between heaven and earth. Down climbing , abseiling and sharp sections that will leave you breathless , not to mention that sense of fluidity to ride mountain ridges and overcoming the difficulties that can come up. Dare to go down one of the biggest ridges in ” Picos “.
Most notable are the Cabrones-Cerredo, Madejuno-Tiro Llago and Torre Blanca-Llambrión ridgecrest traverses. These activities allows you to climb beautiful mountains and summit the tallest mountains in the Picos de Europa. Although this traverses requires a higher level of physical preparation, it is one of our premier adventures that can´t be missed!
If you plan to spend the night in the hut in summer, it is mandatory to make the reservation in advance as the occupancy rate is usually very high. The reservation is made only through the hut’s website. It is not necessary to book for the guide.
Due to the deficient and late timetable of the cable car for mountain activities, there is the possibility to start all the activities at an appropriate time by using a 4×4 vehicle (35€ i/v). In short activities or close to the cable car is optional, in the longer and farther ones, its use will be mandatory. Using it we can do the activity with a good safety margin, without hurry, without people and without the long queues of the cable car in summer.
Duration of activities:
Madejuno – Tiro Llago: In a day, with an early start from Áliva (4×4 vehicle: 15€/pax)
Torre Blanca – Llambrión: In a day, with an early start from Áliva (4×4 vehicle: 15€/pax)
Madejuno – Llambrión: The activity starts from Áliva (4×4 vehicle: 15€/pax), and ends at Collado Jermoso hut, where we spend the night
Madejuno – Palanca: The activity starts from Áliva (4×4 vehicle: 15€/pax), and ends at Collado Jermoso hut, where we spend the night
Cabrones – Cerredo: It starts and ends in the Vega de Urriellu hut, where we will spend the night before the activity
|Ridge name||1 pax||2 pax|
|Madejuno – Tiro Llago||300€||400€|
|Torre Blanca – Llambrión||350€||450€|
|Madejuno – Llambrión||450€||550€|
|Madejuno – Palanca||500€||650€|
|Schulze line (Altaiz-Palanca)||550€||700€|
|Cabrones – Cerredo||400€||500€|
|Cebolledas – Sta Mª de Enol Tower||350€||500€|
|Requesón – Poyones||300€||400€|
- 30L Backpack
- Climbing shoes / Boots
- Chalk bag
- 1 carabiners
- Belay/rappel device
- Clothing appropriate for activity
- bag and mat according to the activity
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- headlamp with fresh batteries
- Water and food
- Professional AEGM mountain guide. (info)
- RC and accident insurance in the mountains for days of activity
- Course material (ropes, friends, stoppers, tapes, first aid kit, radio station, sketches, maps, etc ...)
- Transportation to the place of activity and during it
- Cable car fare in case you have to use it: 15€ per person. (Possibility to start activities before the late opening of the cable car by 4x4 vehicle: 35€. Essential in some activities)
- Material and personal equipment
- Everything that is not detailed in the previous point.